18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Budget & Operations Manager – Witbank
The Budget Manager is in charge of all programmatic components of the program’s internal and external reporting. This role is the principal financial interface with program employees, and it will lead efforts to organize financial information alignment among executive, program, and development personnel.
Job Title : Budget & Operations Manager
Location : Witbank, Witbank, South Africa
Salary : $ 32.87 per hour.
Company : Labcorp
Job Type : Full-Time
- Oversees periodic budget reviews by creating comparative analyses of operational programs and comparing expenses compared to prior year’s services. Submits reports to Supervisor with budget modification suggestions.
- Financial and budgetary analyses for OFM, legislative staff, senior management, and external stakeholders. Accurate, comprehensive, excellent.
- Responsible for overseeing the Center’s yearly and other funded budgets, including the forecasting of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials/supplies/program activities, and the creation of annual budgets. Assesses and makes recommendations for the approval of expenditures in light of sound financial judgments.
- In cooperation with the Director of the Agency’s Budget, offer analytic assistance to assigned projects for the formulation of business cases, projections, make-or-buy choices, rate analyses, and other financial modeling and studies.
- All Agency funding are processed by the OMB’s Office of Finance, which handles operational and financial issues for divisions. It is under her command that the State Attorney’s Budget Planning and Monitoring is carried out (SAO).
- Promptly investigates, compiles, assesses and analyzes data for special projects; suggests in accordance with University policy the necessary service and personnel levels for special projects.
- Prepares and analyzes revenue and expenditure reports; advises supervisory employees on revenue and expenditure trends; and prepares quarterly revenue and expenditure reports to explain linkages between estimates and actual spending to support City budget reports.
- Watch over the daily budget operations for the agency’s programs, Help program managers in their assigned divisions come up with and carry out business plans that are financially sound and help the agency meet customer expectations.
- Recommendations for budget allocations are submitted for budget modifications after analyzing financial records to determine the resources required to run the program
- Executes various activities and responsibilities as given, some of which may not be stated in the job description, but which fall within the overall occupational category and responsibility level normally associated with the employee’s class of work.
- Master’s degrees in quantitative analysis are only awarded to those who have already earned credentials in accounting, business/public management, financial and economic analysis, or a closely related field.
- It is necessary to have at least four (4) years of professional management experience, as well as knowledge on how to prepare and handle budgets and grants.
- Experience in a comparable job is necessary; outstanding organizational and people skills; solid communication and writing abilities; capacity to work in a fast-paced workplace; self-motivated and capable of handling several duties; ability to work and develop others; Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher) as well as graphics/desktop and Internet applications is a plus.
- a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or public administration from an institution of higher education that is recognized for its academic rigor and expertise in the relevant sector.
- Investigative and Analytical Capacity to assess and develop conclusions from data; to back proposals with facts and analysis; and to understand and implement rules, regulations, and policies. Capability to transmit thoughts and facts verbally and in writing using language that is easily understood by the intended audience.