Full-Time Contract & Budget Specialist – Mysuru
The Budget Manager works closely with the Director of Administration Operations to manage day-to-day office operations, with an emphasis on employee support and the smooth and effective functioning of all office systems and equipment. The Budget Manager is in charge of purchasing equipment, maintaining the office and equipment, enhancing procedures, and keeping personnel up to speed and educated on AV, phone systems, and office equipment. Works closely with IT to provide a help desk for all office equipment and systems, as well as troubleshooting and computer software training. In addition, this position is in charge of managing budget input and reporting for the Administration department. The Budget Manager oversees the Merrill Center Receptionist and collaborates with the Company State Office Managers to ensure they have the tools and training necessary to manage office operations in state and regional offices. This job also assures uniformity and efficiency throughout all offices, as well as with all office supplies and equipment.
Job Title : Contract & Budget Specialist
Location : Mysuru, Karnataka, India
Salary : $ 34.18 per hour.
Company : Hays
Job Type : Full-Time
- Recommendations for budget allocations are submitted for budget modifications after analyzing financial records to determine the resources required to run the program
- Special projects are analyzed and the data is compiled, assessed and analyzed to determine the appropriate service and manpower levels.
- A division’s operational and financial difficulties are handled by the Office of Management and Budget Office of Finance, which processes all Agency grants. Overseeing and setting priorities for the state attorney general’s budget (SAO).
- Responsible for overseeing the Center’s yearly and other funded budgets, including the forecasting of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials/supplies/program activities, and the creation of annual budgets. Assesses and makes recommendations for the approval of expenditures in light of sound financial judgments.
- Based on predictions and actual expenditures and the advice of supervisory professionals, the preparation of quarterly City budget reports.
- Executes different actions and duties as assigned, some of which may not be included in the job description but fit within the broad occupational category and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s line of work.
- Operational programs are compared, and costs are calculated in relation to previous fiscal years’ services. The Supervisor receives reports with budget modification recommendations.
- Prepare written narratives, charts/graphs, and presentation materials for OFM, legislative staff, senior management, and external stakeholders. Check for correctness, completeness, and quality
- In charge of the agency’s daily budget operations for assigned projects, Involved in the formulation and execution of business strategies that are financially feasible and allow the agency to satisfy customer satisfaction standards.
- Analyze program business cases, forecasts, make-or-buy decisions, rate studies, and other financial modeling and analysis with the support of the Agency Budget Director.
- Research-based Data has to be evaluated, discoveries need to be made, ideas need to be supported by facts and analysis, and regulations need to be understood and implemented. When speaking to and writing for an audience, use language that is accessible.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Management, Finance, Economics, or Quantitative Analysis from an institution of higher education that has been officially recognized as having high academic standards;
- Degree in business, accounting, economics, or public administration from an approved institution or university is required.
- In addition to the requisite four (4) years of professional management experience, applicants must also possess professional management skills in the areas of planning, monitoring, and administering an operational budget, as well as in the areas of grant preparation and administration.
- Experience in a comparable job, strong organizational and people skills, outstanding communication and writing abilities, ability to work in a fast-paced workplace, self-motivated and able to manage several duties at once, capacity to work and grow others as a team are necessary. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) and graphics/desktop and Internet applications is desirable.