18 Mar 2023
Part-Time Economist – Nabas
The candidate with good quantitative modelling abilities and the ability to use statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methodologies is required for this post. To transform data-driven results into practical insights, the applicant must have great communication skills and be able to engage directly with stakeholders. The ideal applicant is a self-starter who is at ease with ambiguity, has excellent attention to detail, and can operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing workplace.
Job Title : Economist
Location : Nabas, Aklan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 43.25 per hour.
Company : Horizon Media
Job Type : Part-Time
- Conduct surveys to collect economic data, compare previously given data to current circumstances, and determine the linkages between key economic features for well-defined projects.
- Plan the study, coordinate its execution, and report on its findings in response to issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior workers.
- Under the supervision of a senior economist, conduct economic research, analyze and interpret economic data, produce benefit estimates, and report results.
- Previous patterns must be studied in order to analyze and predict market behavior.
- Ensure that the department’s toolbox and products continue to evolve in order to satisfy business demands, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions.
- On behalf of public and private sector customers, contribute to analytical research initiatives on a variety of economic policy subjects (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- Work closely with other economists and high level executives to communicate and deliver economic concepts and quantitative data, both orally and in writing, to non-technical audiences.
- Using mathematical models and statistical approaches, analyze data.
- Determines and suggests schedules and methods for delivering economic and financial data in order to meet defined reporting standards, processes, and procedures; aids in the establishment of budget and economic goals and objectives that align with strategic planning activities.
- Obtain and review current data, as well as conduct research to locate new data sources for analytic purposes.
- A applicant must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and capable of leadership duties.
- A minimum of 21 semester hours of economics were required, as well as three semester hours of statistics, accounting, or calculus.
- Strong written and spoken communication abilities, as well as the ability to customize messages to a variety of audiences including business, media/press, academic, technical, and political audiences.
- In a college or institution, teaching responsibilities comprised both classroom instruction and one of the following: (1) personal research that provided evidence of findings, (2) supervision of graduate theses in economics, or (3) consulting or advising on technical economics challenges.
- It is necessary to be familiar with the most recent economics academic research on entrepreneurship, small business, employment, and labor market dynamics in order to succeed in this position.