18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Firefighter/EMT – Abeokuta
The Firefighter is responsible for responding to any emergency calls on airport property that include property damage, injury, or a danger of property damage or injury, with a primary emphasis on the safety of the person and a secondary focus on property damage minimization.
Job Title : Firefighter/EMT
Location : Abeokuta, Ogun, Nigeria
Salary : $ 13.69 per hour.
Company : Lee Spring Company
Job Type : Full-Time
- Capacity to accomplish all of the job’s important responsibilities without jeopardizing one’s own or others’ safety.
- When they arrive at a new location, firefighters must be prepared to fill out a significant amount of paperwork. Pre-occupation planning, inspection reports, alarm event reports, and a size-up all fall under this category.
- Contribute favorably to regional and corporate goals as a valued part of the team by fostering good relationships with coworkers.
- A bomb danger or gas leak necessitates immediate action. Destroying surface drainage systems may be avoided by the construction of dikes or the proper storage of potentially dangerous items.
- When it comes to reacting to emergencies, firefighters are called upon to do a range of tasks, including as maintaining emergency equipment, inspecting residential and commercial facilities for fire and life safety, and responding to calls in a safe and quick way.
- Work with a wide range of firefighting and rescue instruments, including hand tools, power tools, and smoke ejectors. Other tools, such as axes or pike poles, will be used to gain entry into houses.
- During your shift, you will be responsible for maintaining the fire station both inside and outside, which includes mopping floors, washing windows, sweeping and dusting, keeping the storage area organized, plowing walkways, and cleaning the kitchen and toilets.
- Your job is to make sure that the car you’ve been assigned is functioning properly on a daily basis. In addition to monitoring the fluid levels, you also control the pumps and make sure that everything on the automobile is running properly. If necessary, the vehicle should be refueled and cleaned.
- All parts of fire suppression, including rescue and entry, are incorporated in this function. Occupants are saved and ventilated as well as salvaged, and the building is kept safe.
- Some of the other things that firefighters do include installing smoke detectors, going to special community events, and going to schools to teach people about life and fire safety.
- To keep their job, employees must have all of their needed licenses valid and active at all times. They must also carry their licenses with them at all times while on duty.
- Acquiring the capacity to work well with people, to understand the importance of respecting authority, and to establish friendly ties with members of the general public.
- Physical examination in accordance with the NFPA 1582 standard is necessary. One must be able to routinely and/or sometimes apply 100 pounds of force in order to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move anything at all.
- At all levels of the firm, as well as with members of the general public and other employees, communication skills are vital.
- Certifications in CPR and first aid are essential, as is the ability to complete 240 hours of training each year in addition to the requirements of the work.