19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Temp – Assistant Editor – Dindigul
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Associate Editor to join our fast-paced group. It is expected that the individual who fills this job will help with all parts of a fun first-grade classroom magazine. It is the Associate Editor’s job to submit story ideas and write some of those tales, as well as assist in the creation of first-grade lesson plans. As a bonus, this employee is responsible for any administrative duties that may arise.
Job Title : Temp – Assistant Editor
Location : Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India
Salary : $ 19.13 per hour.
Company : Callisto Media
Job Type : Full-Time
- Actively keep an eye on and analyze department systems and processes, and come up with and implement new ideas that make us work better.
- Ensure that you have strong working relationships with colleagues in the departments of production, JEO, information technology, and other departments to ensure that any problems encountered by your journal’s authors, editors, and peer reviewers can be resolved as quickly and effectively as possible.
- For material that may not be suitable for broadcast, provide thoughtful and well-articulated observations and suggestions. Things like excessive violence or explicit language, replicate behavior, commercial product placement, or other sights that aren’t fit for broadcast might fall into this category.
- The ability to effectively manage annual journal submission, publication and transfer volume milestones, in addition to goal turnaround times.
- To guarantee that all departments are on the same page when it comes to content production, collaborate with other departments.
- Ads should be checked from the outset to ensure that they match brand standards and regulatory requirements and look at a broad variety of marketing, scientific, and other information to back up advertising claims.
- Enhance the author experience in your journals by including the Editors in Chief and Editorial Board Members (EBM) who are the backbone of your publication.
- It’s important to come up with and present ideas for all kinds of media (like recipes and stories) so that the brand can use them in its overall editorial strategy (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Creating a planning document for each item that provides writers with vetted sources, background information, formatting requirements, and publishing dates is essential.
- Recommendations for items or procedures, interviews with chefs or home cooks, and other service-oriented features for periodicals.
- Competence in juggling many competing demands for little resources in a high-pressure, constantly changing setting.
- know how to write for the web and use tools like Adobe Photoshop
- Possesses the capacity to converse with individuals from other departments (Art, Photography, and the Test Kitchen), as well as from various levels inside the company and from outside sources
- social skills and ability to communicate effectively and engage with a team on a regular basis are required.
- At a minimum, candidates should have a history working as a journalist or writer for three to five years. Experience in writing and revising reports, as well as understanding of SEO and best practices for headlines, should be a must for this position.