19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Utility Clerk – Witbank
Store cleanliness is maintained in accordance with company requirements by the Utility Clerk. Engages with customer service, delivers groceries, locates items, and does price verifications. Maintains a safe and hygienic shopping environment while providing excellent customer service.
Job Title : Utility Clerk
Location : Witbank, Witbank, South Africa
Salary : $ 17.65 per hour.
Company : Bishop Gadsden
Job Type : Full-Time
- Follows set safety requirements while operating the floor scrubber, garbage compactor, and cardboard baler equipment.
- Perform departmental duties, such as answering customers’ questions and providing product suggestions.
- Cleaning and maintaining the business, such as sweeping and mopping the floors, assisting in the quick cleaning of spills, and doing other normal housekeeping tasks that need the use of specialist equipment.
- For new water connections, obtains all of the documentation and deposits that are required. It’s monitored and generates invoices every month. The Water Crane’s job is to raise money.
- This individual is responsible for collecting and storing shopping carts. Parking lot attendants are responsible for keeping the area around the business clean and alerting store management to any incidents, actions, or concerns that may arise on the property.
- Perform clerical responsibilities as required, such as ordering and sending supplies to workers, providing and loading printer paper and ribbons, publishing announcements and notifications, and preparing and distributing reports.
- Assembles product displays and ensures that they maintain an appealing product presentation by arranging merchandise in allowed area, removing cardboard from shelves when product is bought, and depositing cardboard into a bailer.
- Adherence to business safety policies and procedures is essential to maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary working and shopping environment. Maintains strict adherence to all business policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a nice manner includes welcoming customers with a smile, addressing their queries, and transporting their belongings as necessary.
- Maintain preventative maintenance by examining equipment thoroughly and notifying the relevant department or store manager of any defective goods.
- A high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED) is required for all candidates, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multitask between phone conversations and serving clients. This position requires a high level of precision in order to guarantee the accuracy of the data entered. Applicants must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, including Excel and Word, and a calculator. Customer service skills and a willingness to contribute to the community are needed for this position.
- must be able to interact successfully with the general public and their colleagues to be successful. Reading and analyzing information, as well as often reporting on the status of a project, are necessary abilities for this role.
- It is vital to be able to read and interpret technical instructions, short messages, and other notes in order to perform well. Compose basic letters with ease if you have the ability. It is essential that customers, consumers, and other organization people be able to receive and grasp information presented to them individually or in small groups of three or fewer individuals.
- Multiplying and dividing in all units of measurement with the ability to use whole numbers as well as common fractions and decimals Calculate percentages, ratios, and rates of change. Having the ability to count back change, money, and a cash drawer’s balance is required.