Full-Time Video Editor/Producer – Durban
In a team-based, collaborative atmosphere as well as as an individual producer, the video producer completes projects from conception to delivery. The projects could center on faculty and student research initiatives, human interest tales, advertisements, lessons, live events, and other chances to boost the university’s profile. The video producer must have the maturity and manner to get along with everyone, from top executives to young people. The Video Producer works on strategic video projects with other content producers from the Media Production team and the larger Marketing and Communications Agency, from the conceptual development stage through implementation and delivery of the finished product via multiple channels. The Video Producer reports to the Director of Media Production.
Job Title : Video Editor/Producer
Location : Durban, Durban, South Africa
Salary : $ 20.57 per hour.
Company : SANDOW
Job Type : Full-Time
- Always be aware of what’s happening in your field and what’s new in terms of technology, particularly video editing software and hardware.
- See to it that both audio and visual content complies with copyright laws. Obtain permits as necessary by working with third parties.
- Bring the final product’s audio and video quality up to our standards.
- As needed, operate cameras, teleprompters, microphones, and other video equipment.
- Put your movies up on video-sharing sites like Vimeo and YouTube. Monitoring viewership and analytics might help you expand your reach and save time.
- Within the allotted time frame, produce a final product that incorporates audio and video through the processes of planning, shooting, and editing.
- Ascertain that the video promotes the university’s reputation and adheres to our brand statement.
- Assume the role of director and manage all parts of the shoot, including the camera, the lights, the actors, and the sound.
- help us plan out how to best promote our brand on social media and post videos and other content to our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages on a regular basis.
- Candidates with relevant photographic experience may be asked to draw upon their expertise on occasion.
- Experience capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, media management, and archiving project media a plus.
- Premiere for expert-level editing; After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator for cutting-edge visuals.
- We now use Adobe Premier and Final Cut Pro for video editing. Expert knowledge and practical experience with audio and lighting gear are also required.
- familiarity with the Sony FS7 and A7S, as well as remote filming via zoom, Skype, etc., is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience in video production is required, as is the ability to show that you can create a wide range of high-quality works.